At Rest Assured, we do everything in our power to safeguard our customers’ investments.
We achieve this by ensuring that those investments are held in a fund which complies with all the relevant legislation as set out in the ‘Regulated Activities Order’ (Financial Services and Markets Act 2000). This legislation stipulates that ‘sums paid by the customer under the contract will be held on trust for the purpose of providing the funeral and that the following requirements will be met with respect to the trust.
- ‘The trust must be established by written instrument.’
The ‘written instrument’ is the Trust Deed itself.
- ‘None of the trustees is connected with the provider.’
None of the Rest Assured directors or staff are in any way connected with the board of trustees. The Trust is operated entirely by fully independent trustees.
- ‘The trustees must appoint an independent fund manager who is an authorised person who has permission to carry out an activity of the kind specified in article 37 of the RAO, and who is a person who is unconnected with the provider, to manage the assets of the trust.’
The Trustees have instructed InterestMe Wealth, a trading name of EGR Broking Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the FCA. They are a fast-growing corporate broking and wealth management company incorporated in 2010, and a multi-national investment management firm based in the city of London.
- ‘Annual accounts must be prepared and audited by a person who is eligible for appointment as a company auditor under Section 25 of the Companies Act 1989 with respect to the assets and liabilities of the trust.’
AGK Partnership Limited, based in London, are appointed as auditors of the Rest Assured Trust.
- ‘The assets and liabilities of the trust must, at least once every three years, be determined, calculated, and verified by an actuary who is a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries or the Faculty of Actuaries.
Rowanmoor is appointed as actuary to the Trust.